Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Granny afghan

The granny square afghan is done: I've sewn all the squares together and finished it off with an edging. I didn't want a systematic approach and just mindlessly crocheted away, piling the finished squares up in a dark closet, so it was a surprise to me that no two squares came out the same.

















My cotton yarn stash has not exactly been downsized after this project, as I had planned. I really had to buy some extra skeins... And then some more... And then one more just to be on the safe side. The thought of running out of yarn on a dreary sunday afternoon, oh, the horror...! Next project: I will make some mesh eco-environmentally-friendly-everybody-can-see-you-bought-tampons-
and-for-heaven's-sake-don't-put-your-keys-in-them grocery bags of the leftover yarn.

7 comments:

Guro said...

Randomly is the best way to do things!

Nice afghan.

junglejane said...

Takk. Ja, det blir mer spennende med litt tilfeldighet...

Guro said...

Du er blitt nominert!
Les mer på bloggen min. :)

Kathleen said...

The granny afghan looks brilliant- looks like it's been a major project.

Frk.Badegakk said...

Nydelig teppe!
Jeg likte navnet på bærenettet du har tenkt å lage;)

Elite said...

Nyydelig teppe. Katten har vært flink til å sortere lappene.

nunnun said...

Nydelig teppe!