Monday, July 21, 2008

Cross Stitch Mania

Haven't been knitting much lately, but started on some cross stitch projects. I chose two Quaker sampler motifs and made them into a biscornu.









In my naive enthusiasm I also ordered a sampler kit from Permin. It's a reproduction of a German sampler from 1826, the same year The Last Of The Mohicans was published, which I am reading now. I would wager for ten pale face scalps that I'll be finished with the book first, as this is quite a big project. I love the motifs on this sampler, they look so rich and oriental.

4 comments:

Miss 376 said...

It looks fantastic, keep it up

Patty said...

I love your biscornu. That's a pretty shade of blue.

junglejane said...

Thanks...! I like this colour a lot too.It's DMC Mouliné #826, by the way.
The sampler uses blue too, a kind of inky blue-black that is also very pretty.

Carolyn McNeil said...

The sampler looks fun, though time-consuming. I tend to choose large projects for some strange reason...I always finish them, though...
Carolyn
http://www.stitchopedia.com
An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…